The MAPHM Executive Committee would like to inform its members about this opportunity for Public Health Professional under the age of 35.
Message from Young Forum Gastein Team
We are pleased to announce that the European Health Forum Gastein will once more offer a limited number of scholarships to young professionals working in the field of health to enable their participation in the #EHFG2018 conference as Young Forum Gastein scholars and introduce them to the YFG Network.
Opportunities for young professionals from the public sector, science & academia and civil society organisations
For young professionals coming from a university or national research institute, a ministry or an administrative body or from a non-governmental organisation – the scholarship covers the EHFG conference registration fee, travel and accommodation expenses and participation in the tailor-made YFG programme 2018.
Opportunities for young professionals from the private sector
As industry represents one of the four Gastein pillars, it is beneficial to have young people from this sector participating in Young Forum Gastein, to ensure a more rounded debate. If you are a young professional working in the industry and you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please note that your employer has to bear your costs when applying. If you like to apply, please submit an expression of interest as per the requirements below, confirming that your employer will cover your costs (approximately 1.800 euros including reasonable travel costs) to enable you to participate in Young Forum Gastein.
The Young Forum Gastein programme at #EHFG2018 commences one day before the official start of the EHFG conference, on Tuesday 02 October 2018. Activities will take place up to and including the evening of Friday 05 October, with travel home on Saturday 06 October. Depending on flight availability some participants may need to arrive on Monday, 01 October 2018.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Citizenship of one of the 28 EU Member States or candidate countries or EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland);
- 35 years of age or under on 2nd October 2018;
- Proficiency in English (oral and written);
- Hold a Master´s degree in a health-related subject;
- Relevant work experience of at least 2 years (full time) in the field of health/public health (policy or research);
- Proof of current work in the field of public health (for a university or national research institute, a government ministry or for a non-governmental organisation – or if your employer will cover your costs, in a health role in industry);
By applying for the Young Forum Gastein scholarship the applicant confirms his/her availability to undertake an active role before and during the conference. This is a pre-condition for being accepted as a scholar. Activities may include participation in presentations, panel discussions, reporting on the event, contributing to the conference web-blog, conducting interviews etc. Please note that the Young Gastein programme at EHFG 2018 commences one day before the official start of the EHFG conference, on Tuesday 2nd October 2018. Activities will take place up to and including the evening of Friday 5th October, with travel home on Saturday 6th October.
To apply, please fill out & complete the following materials:
- YFG Personal Details Form by clicking here and
- submit the following documents in English:
- CV: Please submit a Full Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- English Proficiency: Please show proof of very good command of oral and written English (i.e. native speaker, OR a formal certificate/qualification demonstrating proficiency in English OR proof of publications or other written work in English OR employer confirmation of your English ability and regular use of English in your day to day work);
- Passport Scan/Photocopy: Please submit a photocopy of a passport or identity card for proof that you are under 35 years of age on 2nd October 2018.
- Letter of Support: Please submit a short letter from your manager on your organisation´s headed paper confirming that: • You are working in the field of public health and have at least 2 years work experience in this field; • Your manager supports your application and if you are selected as a Young Forum Gastein scholar in 2018 your organisation will grant you leave to participate in the Young Gastein programme and attend the EHFG from Tuesday 2nd October to Saturday 6th October 2018 (Young Forum Gastein starts on the 2nd October 2017, one day before the EHFG officially commences, and depending on flight availability some participants may need to arrive on Monday 1st October);
- If you are applying from industry, please also include in this letter confirmation that your employer has agreed to cover your costs if selected (up to 1,800 Euros).
Please fill out the form and send the documents listed above in electronic format to Rafaela Tripalo by midnight on Friday 11th May 2018.
Only full applications will be considered. Applications will be evaluated considering the maximum number of scholarships available and a balanced participation from across countries and professional sectors.
All applicants will be informed of the outcome by the end of June 2018.
GET IN TOUCH
If you are submitting your application, wish to apply but still have some questions or if you would like to know more about the Young Forum Gastein Network, please contact:
M: +43 660 475 4446
Young Forum Gastein Alumni please note separate email sent via your respective mailing lists